Friday, October 18 –
We had WingWoman and LightsOn over for this. LightsOn and I both made chicken dishes. They were delicious and we stuffed ourselves silly.
Proof is in the photo!
My next dinner is Latvia and I plan on cooking it on Sunday. I will try my best to post asap after so that I can tell you all the great stories…
(recipe borrowed from the cooks at: http://queenofwishfulshrinking.com)
- 450gms/1lb of minced chicken
- 1 lemon grass stalk, finely chopped
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 4 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 60ml/4tbsp lime juice
- 30ml/2tbsp fish sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp roasted ground rice
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp coriander leaves
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- cucumber and tomato slices, and a few sprigs of mint, to garnish
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Add the minced chicken and a little water to moisten while cooking.
2. Stir constantly until cooked; this will take about 7-10minutes.
3. Transfer the chooked chicken to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
4. Serve on a bed of mixed salad leaves and garnish with cucumber, tomato slices and a few sprigs of mint.